1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Grease the skillet or baking pan with butter.
2. To make the fruit filling, mix the peaches, flour, and cinnamon in the large mixing bowl. Add the sugar a little at a time until the fruit is sweet enough for your taste.
3. Spoon the fruit mixture into the greased skillet or baking pan.
4. To make the crust, put the sifter into the medium mixing bowl. Measure the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt into the sifter. Then sift them into the bowl.
5. Cut the butter into small chunks and drop them into the flour mixture. Then use the pastry cutter or fork to cut the butter into the flour mixture until you have pea-sized lumps.
6. Add the half-and-half. Stir quickly with the fork just until all the ingredients are moistened.
7. Sprinkle flour on the cutting board. Place the dough on the board. Knead for about 30 seconds. To knead, push down on the dough, and then fold it in half. Repeat.
8. Sprinkle more flour on your cutting board. Cover the dough with a sheet of wax paper. Roll it out from the center until it is about 1/4 inch thick.
9. Cut the crust into shapes with the cookie cutters. Arrange them on top of the fruit.
10. Mix the cinnamon and sugar together in the small bowl. Sprinkle the mixture on top of the cobbler. Bake the cobbler for 30-35 minutes, or until the crust is browned.
11. Have an adult remove the cobbler from the oven. Let the cobbler cool for about 10 minutes, and serve. Top with ice cream if you’d like.